The church on the hill

After a lot more practice with various ink techniques I decided it was time to tackle another larger piece. I've worked with A2 watercolour paper before, but I wanted to achieve two main objectives this time; to improve the stretching of the paper for a nice flat finish, and use more negative space in the composition.


I found that previous paper stretching had failed in one way or another, so I found a new technique, which was to simply wet the underside of the paper (rather than soak it completely) and masking tape it down.


Working larger gave me more opportunities for details, but I avoided my recent issues with overworking the details by keeping the composition simple.



0 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All